> Library > Friends
> Meeting Notes
Annandale Area Public Library - Friends of the Library
Meeting Notes - September 12, 2006
Cindy Ahrens called the meeting to order at 7pm with 14 members present.
The minutes from the June 6th meeting were read with a motion to accept. (MSP
Jean Peterson gave the Treasurer's report. The balance as of 9/12 is
$4473.72. Report filed, subject to audit.
Library Programming - Dawn Schaefer-Stumpf
- Cindy read an email from Dawn, thanking the FOL for their
support. Dawn presented 3 programs per month during the summer, and
plans 1 per month during the school year, which will be the 3rd Saturday
of the month.
- Cindy reported for the Board that there is ongoing
discussion regarding Library signing on Hwy 55.
- A meeting needs to be set up with the committee for Fall
Art Committee - Ed
- The committee will meet 9/24.
- The inventory has been completed
- Discussion on the sale of some watercolors which were
donated during the July book sale.
Librarian Report - Sandy
- August statistics
144 attended 3 Story Times
7 Volunteers = 76 hours
The Computer donated by the
Improvement Club had 83 users
- Cleaning Day not needed right now, but Sandy asked that
volunteers read the shelves while pulling or shelving books.
- Easel is needed for Story Time. Sandy and Dawn are
authorized to spend up to $150 (MSP Ed/Muriel)
- Shelf backing is needed for bottom shelves of movies in
children's and adult areas. Up to $25 authorized to purchase
supplies (MSP Ed/Jean)
- To Date, circulation is 35,675. Total LY was
July Book Sale - Jean
- Total profit was $1426.28 with 19 volunteers working 164
Sandy's 30th Anniversary
- A reception will be held Wednesday October 25th from 4-6
pm. Sponsored by the FOL, Library Board and the Improvement Club.
- Committee members are Ron Remington, Cindy Ahrens, Barb
Lundberg and Sally Smith.
- Public Invitation will be in the Advocate.
Lap Top Furniture
- 2 laptop tables have been purchased at a cost of $212.98
- 2 chairs will be purchased at a cost of $89.99 plus tax
and shipping (MSP Jean/Muriel)
- Thursday October 28th, St. Cloud Civic Center. FOL
to pay for $25 of $50 registration fee for up to 4 FOL members to attend
August 19th Summer Program Event
- FOL had allocated $50. Motion for an additional
$125 (MSP Sharon/Marian)
- Thank You gift certificate from McBrides for Dawn in
appreciation of her efforts with the Summer Program: $30 from FOL/$30
from Library Board (MSP Ed/Muriel &
- Nominating Committee for November's Annual Meeting -
Cindy, Bonnie, Marian
- Treasurer's Audit Committee - Ron and Elizabeth
- 2007 Author Dinner - Cindy working on finalizing author
- Jean reported that she will reissue a check for $25 for
Amy Sparks - as last year's check is lost.
- Articles of Incorporation for non-profit status - Cindy
and Jean are working on while they prepare the paperwork to file for 501c3.
Discussion on what
approvals are necessary for FOL to hold a
raffle as a fundraiser.
Our next meeting will be our Annual Meeting: November 14th, 7:00pm -
please bring a treat to share!
Meeting was adjourned at 8:50pm.