> Library > Friends
> Meeting Notes
Annandale Area Public Library - Friends of the Library
Meeting Notes - April 11, 2006
Annandale Area Friends of the Library
April 11th, 2006
Cindy Ahrens called the meeting to order with 11
members present. Cindy thanked the volunteers for filling in while she
was in Florida. The minutes from the December 6th meeting were reviewed
and approved (MSP Julie/Jean). Jean read the Treasurer's Report, and it
was accepted subject to audit. The balance is $2941.20.
Library Board - Ron Remington
1. The next Board meeting will be April
2. Mark, Ron, Marlene are discussing the
placement of the new City Hall and Library signing
on Hwy 55.
3. The first ad for the Library in the
Advocate, placed by the Community Connection
committee, was published
April 5th. The next ad will be mid July.
4. Checking on repair coverage for the one
open sign not working in the Library.
5. Discussion on the Community Survey,
and an Advocate scrapbook.
6. Tim Engraff has written a book on County
Parks, he will meet to discuss in a Saturday
one hour session,
date to be determined.
Librarian Report - Sandy Otto
1. Article introducing the new Director of
GRRL, Kristy Smith, was circulated.
2. Discussion on having the Library open on
Thursdays, although no additional hours have
3. In the process of reshifting shelves.
Volunteers are asked to meet on Tuesday morning
May 16th to help
4. Thanks to all the volunteers - the
Library couldn't run without you!
1. Dawn asked that the 2 teachers who
presented the March 1st 'I Can Read' program be
presented with Gift Cards
from the Snooty Fox. (MSP Julie/Muriel).
2. Dawn is working on the summer program.
May 5th Author Dinner
1. Thanks to Dean Cheney for designing the
poster for the Author Dinner.
MaryJanice Davidson is
now using it on her website.
2. Chuck Sterling will be doing a follow-up
article in the 4/26 Advocate and will interview
the author for this
3. Muriel has secured the PA system and
microphones. Diane and Marian are working on
4. Discussion on door prize drawing -
sign up sheet for volunteers was circulated.
5. Cindy will be placing ads in the
Advocate, Messenger, St. Cloud Times Style magazine
calendar of events, and a
press release in the Drummer. All GRRL libraries have
received a poster.
Email will be sent to all FOL members reminding them to buy their
tickets at the Library or
In Hot Water before May 1st.
Book Sale - July 1
1. Books will be priced at $.25 for
paperbacks, $.50 for hardcover and media. New and
collectable will be
2. Later in the sale, books will be sold for
$1.00 a bag.
3. Please begin to save plastic bags
4. Sorting will be every Tuesday from 9-noon
starting May 30th, please come in and help.
Sign up sheet circulated.
5. June 30th - "Friends Only"
shopping from 5:30 - 6:30.
A Gathering of Friends - April 22nd, 8:30
- 11, Monticello Library
1. Sponsored by FOL. - Bonnie, Ron, Julie
will be greeters, Cindy will be a presenter.
2. Program will include Successful Book
Sales, Author Dinners, MALF.
1. GRRL Friends meet Friends - March 13th
Julie, Sandy, Jean
attended from the Annandale Area Friends
2. Business Expo - tickets were sold for the
Author Event and new FOL members
3. Cindy handed out the names of the
authors for the HCL Pen Pal series for 2006.
Our next meeting will be Tuesday June 6th,
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm.