> Library > Friends
> Meeting Notes
Annandale Area Public Library - Friends of the Library
Meeting Notes - June 14, 2005
ANNANDALE AREA FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY
MEETING MINUTES JUNE 14, 2005
Cindy Ahrens called the meeting to order at 7pm
with 15 members attending. The minutes from the May 10, 2005 meeting
were approved, MSP (Jean Peterson, Jan Foldenaur). When
Meeting Minutes have been added to Annandale Online, Bonnie will notify all
members by email with the website address.
Jean Peterson gave the Treasurer's Report, which
was accepted, subject to audit, MSP (Julie Seday, Ed Groop). Current
balance is $1225.69. Jean accepted a donation from Don Gadow in
memory of Marlys to be used in the Children's area.
1. Book Sale
- Volunteer Sign Up sheet was circulated.
Tables needed for sale have been donated by Snooty Fox,
and Country Chev, and
Mary Iverson will bring in one
7/1 for Specialty Books.
Need donation box on checkout tables, Marion Nelson
to bring in the fish bowl.
Also a table will be set up to display FOL Scrapbook,
Forms and the Library Wish List.
- Deanna Larson set up the Usborne
display as a fund raiser.
- Motion was made (MSP Carol
Anderson, Janet Quinn) to
advertise the book sale in the Annandale Advocate, Maple Lake
Messenger and the Ad Advantage, cost not to exceed $50.00.
- Volunteers will distribute flyers to local businesses.
- Handled paper bags are needed for mid-sale, when the books are
sold for $1 a bag.
2. Library Programs
- Ron Remington, Cindy Ahrens and Dawn Schaefer-Stumpf to
the relationship between the FOL and the Library
- Volunteer schedule for summer programs was routed.
3. 2006 Author Dinner
- If you have any suggestions for authors, please let Cindy
- Volunteer sheet for volunteers to work on next year's dinner
was routed. The first committee meeting will be after the
September MALF conference.
4. Librarian's Report - Sandy Otto
- Volunteers, please check the on-line calendar and sign up.
- High $5 GRRL donation request will be used as HQ Staff Holds
chairs will be added to the Library Wish List.
- Thank you note from Sister Carol Schmidt for the Isabel
- Routed Advocate write-ups,
legislative updates, and Chamber
of July information.
6. Library Board - Julie Seday
- Art Committee volunteer from FOL is Ed Groop
- June 16th - Joan Allen from GRRL will demonstrate how to
ELM. Watch for Community Education flyer to sign up in
for classes on genealogy.
7. Continued discussion on allocating funds for
FOL members to
attend conference, etc.
- Individuals request funds
- 2006 budget item
The motion to adjourn MSP (Carol, Ed) was approved
at 8:45 p.m.